[rescue] SLACKERS

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Tue Jan 22 13:44:52 CST 2002

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 02:24:59PM -0500, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > Next summer, or maybe fall, I'm going with 3" of lift, 35" tires, and
> > 4.56 gears in both axles.  Gotta do it in stages though, the gears are
> > damn expensive.  Currently running stock suspension on 32" tires.  It's
> > okay, but it doesn't flex enough over big stuff.

yes you do.  i'd like to see pictures.  which brings up the point, we've
covered motorcycles and cars, but who on this list is into the off-roading
thing?

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:30:35PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

> At least you're not taking a truck and lowering it so that speed bumps
> are a structural hazard.
>
> (seen a truck like that get hung up, once... stranded itself on a SPEED BUMP
> on FLAT GROUND..)

i've been spending a lot of times reading the forums on xterraownersclub.com
and there was a guy who actually asked about lowering his xterra 2".  on an
offroading forum.  flames followed, it was funny.

"What's wrong?  can't see your friends in their civics at stoplights?"

-brian