[rescue] octane question

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Jan 22 11:44:30 CST 2002

> <geek>
> table saw and a router? What, the saw is on your home LAN? 8-)
> </geek>

   Sadly, no: sneaker-net!
   My wife objects to the clouds of sawdust -- and the 25,000rpm blades, I
guess -- so I have to haul my Workmate, improvised router table, and the
router itself out from the basement to the garage when I want to use it.
(The tablesaw slumbers in the garage under a sheet until it's time to go to
work.)
   I've already made a few things since I got them, with frequent calls to
my patient dad for suggestions, and it's a lot of fun. Which reminds me: the
router bit vendor, MLCS, has a big PDF on their site that desribes how to
use the thing and how to make a few different items (like fancy cupboard
doors, a table, etc.) on their web site under "Instructions." It's a nice
example of a Good Thing that a vendor (any kind of vendor!) can do when they
want to:
    http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/
   ObComputers: I built a nice desk to hold my laptop which I use to dial in
to work to manage the Suns. Which reminds me that I need to build a chair
that suits my height, especially since I now sit in front of a
higher-than-usual desk.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt