low-end octane2? (was: Re: [rescue] octane question)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Jan 21 22:12:21 CST 2002

> imo, ie ended up in the same boat as netscape. i finally (and it took
awhile)
> dumped netscape in favor of ie when i had no other option due to netscape
> constantly crashing. maybe a year ago, time-wise. well, now ie is crashing
> 7-8 times (if not more) daily.

Ugh - been there.  I'm using Opera on Linux my Linux boxes and I *love* it.
It hasn't pooped out once - not even a single time.  I download Opera to my
Windows box, but have not had time to really play with it.

I was very excited when I saw a beta for Solaris.  It's nice, but very
feature limited.  The jury is still out on that one.  However, I'm going to
try and use it more so that I can give some actual and valuable feedback to
the developers.

Kurt