low-end octane2? (was: Re: [rescue] octane question)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jan 21 14:29:26 CST 2002

On January 21, Big Endian wrote:
> Its a sad day.  But fewer and fewer of the general populace will get
> out of M$ as the years go by.

  Are you kidding?  They're taking it on the chin for their security
and reliability problems.  Finally.  Apple is selling Macs as fast as
they can make them, the latest stats show that 40% of the people
buying Macs at the Apple retail stores are first-time Mac users.

  The PentiumIV is DOA (I know of exactly ONE person who actually bought
one), Merced is *years* late, the Windows XP licensing crap is pissing
people off all over the place, I'm seeing ads for "NT to Unix
migration services" in local rags.  I've been wishing for this for
years, and now the world is starting to recognize the problem.  It's
slow-going, but it's definitely happening.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire