[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Jan 21 11:15:50 CST 2002

> > > Nope; no OpenBoot support, so the system wont "see" it.
> > >
> > > That would kick ass though.  I'd love to be able to pop a GF2MX in
> > > my PCI-based SPARCs.
> >
> > Given the bitchy nature of nVidia, would probably be useless (at least
> > you'd waste 90% of the chip). Nice Ati ro Matrox maybe..
>
> Yeah, but ATI and Matrox don't (didn't) have any of their newer cards
> available in PCI versions last I checked.

I've seen the ATI Radeon in a PCI version.  I was using a GeForce 2
card in my main system and a GeForce2Go card in my laptop and got
tired of having to do extra stuff just to work around the nVidia
close-sources drives when I built or updated a kernel.  I replace
the GeForce 2 with an ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon I had sitting around
and put the original ATI Mobility M4 in my laptop.  No problems
now.  As a side benefit, the AIW Radeon is sharper than the GeForce 2
at 1600x1200.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net