[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Jan 20 16:42:59 CST 2002

Linc Fessenden wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Brian Hechinger wrote:
>
> > >   Is there any way out of this mess other than making Perl illegal
> > > (which should be done for lots of reasons aside from this), and
> > > tracking down and violently pummelling every Linux weenie who writes
> > > hugely inefficient and nonportable C++ code?
> >
> > can we track down and violently pummel *ALL* Linux weenies please?
> >
> > *evil grin*
> >
> > -brian
>
> Bring it on squirrel boy.
>
> -Linc Fessenden

I'm with Linc, and I think we have lots of company.

Linux was my introduction to Unices in general. It was easier to learn
Slackware Linux than Solaris (and cheaper at the time... 7 years ago).
While I now work most on Solaris and HP-UX machines, I use Linux for
lots of things because it's so EASY! I still use Slackware for that same
reason; I find RedEye(Hat) Linux to be unnecessarily complicated.

Linux is an *excellent* learning tool, and, these days, is capable of
some real work.

As for programming, I don't do anything beyond shell scripts because I
don't want to be a *bad* C programmer, and have real programmers bitch
about me... ;)

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com