[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Sat Jan 19 17:12:06 CST 2002

At 03:24 PM 19/01/2002 -0600, you wrote:
> > > "Now that CDE is the *only* option, what about those of us who prefer
> > > a different window manager?  (I prefer WindowMaker)."
> > > Does the dtlogin -disable stuff not work for you?
> >
> > I want dtlogin, but not CDE.

There is a web page I found that had about 8 steps to get extra window
managers into the dtlogin screen option menu, worked a treat for adding wmx
into the list.

I'll post details when I get to work on Monday, or try google.  If the wmx
license is nice, I'll make up a Solaris package that will install it and
ensure it gets added to dtlogin.

Using wmx on a 64Mb Sparc 4 at work was bliss.  It sucked with CDE.

Rob.