[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Solaris 9, First thoughts

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Jan 19 15:25:05 CST 2002

> Netscape 6 *is* mozilla, dude. 8-)

i thought they parted ways after AOL bought Netscape?  i don't follow the
browser market though, since i hate web browsers other than lynx and there is
also the fact that browsers have absolutely nothing to do with what i do for
a living, so it's not that import that me. :)

> I tried to build it with Forte a while
> back, and I dont remember having any luck...

i've been playing with Forte 5.0 lately, and have yet to find a piece of free
software that isn't so full of gcc-isms that it will build cleanly with Forte.
i'm going to have to sit down some time and "fix" some of the programs that i
actually care about.

> although I found out that you
> cant build gcc with forte. 8-)

that's not good.  now, obviously this isn't a huge deal anymore these days,
but shouldn't you be able to bootstrap gcc from any other compiler?  that's
what i thought anyway.  there are binary packages for everything these days
so i guess the gcc folks got lazy.

-brian