[rescue] Free to good home: Old Sun 3 / 386i equipment

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Jan 18 17:51:45 CST 2002

Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 04:25:58PM -0500, James Sharp wrote:
> > Its taken me 3 years to get used to the distances in the mid-atlantic and
> > new england states.  From where I lived in Texas, it was at least 6 hours
> > to just get out of the state.  Now, I can be in any of 3 different states
> > within an hour.
> > I'm horribly spoiled by my work commute, though.  With rolling stops
> > through the stop signs, I can be to work in 3 minutes. 2 1/4 miles.
>
> I've got you beat.  Less than 3 minutes (probably 2.5); just over a mile:
>
> http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/housemap.jpg
> http://www.mrbill.net/~mrbill/workmap.jpg

Usta work at my office 50 feet from home (separate building with ARCnet
between houe and office!). Now I have to drive 15 minutes from home!
"Traffic" means having to stop twice on the trip.

In Maine 2-1/2 hours to Boston is a long trip. However, 2 hours to
Bangor is not. Actually, driving to see Joshua in Calais(??) would still
not be considered long, even though it's 4 hours (?) because it's in
*Maine*.

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com