[rescue] octane question

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Fri Jan 18 12:33:02 CST 2002

> > Even reputable is getting into the sub $500 octane game.  That is
> unbelievable.
> > Their octanes at price are even cheaper than their cheapest O2 (the
> machine
> > I really want).
> >
> > Why are octane prices free falling like this?
>
>   Don't ask...just BUY!  If you don't want one for yourself, buy one
> for ME! ;)

http://www.sgievents.com/developer2002/

 Quote:
"The grand-prize winner, as decided by attendees, will receive an SGI next-
generation high-performance, high-bandwidth IRIX visual workstation."

 There is going to be a new workstation, so prices are expected to drop. I was
also thinking about buying an Octane, but am going to wait for a while to see
what happens.

 regards,
   Michiel