[rescue] MOSIX

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Fri Jan 18 10:32:58 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > Mosix is good for computations, but not networking or shared memory
> > apps. Next version is supposed to have network-shared memory. I'm
> > waiting for that so I can try Oracle on it...
>
> I thought that shared memory is what Mosix did do to make it different from
> other clustering systems.

Last version I used didn't have memory that was shared between the
boxes. That is, there was no common memory for something like the Oracle
SGA. The whole SGA had to reside on the physical memory in one box. I
believe that the next version is supposed to have some "common" memory
that all boxes access equally...

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine