[rescue] octane question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jan 18 09:34:42 CST 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 01:04:19AM -0500, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> >I see XIO SI cards on ebay fairly frequently.  If you want a triple headed
> >display, isn't that going to take all the XIO ports?  Maybe I'm wrong, or
> >maybe you are planning on using one of the V?? cards for two of the heads.
> >
> what should i be searching for on ebay?  i haven't had any luck finding
> anything yet.
>
> the Octane has 4 XIO slots.  the SI is a single slot card.  unless i'm
> grossly mistaken.

Well, I know the SI is a single card.  I though the Octane had only 3 XIO
slots, but I probably am grossly mistaken.  I know that one of the V graphics
boards is dual headed, and that the V8 and V12 have a hardware accumulation
buffer (previously to have one of these you needed an Onyx grade machine or
a Voodoo5).

--
Joshua D. Boyd