[rescue] octane question

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Thu Jan 17 23:38:40 CST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-17 at 20:52, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:38:04PM -0500, Al Potter wrote:
> > jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu said:
> > > ...and I think faster than my palm can keep up with.
> >
> > Sounds like a clear case of needing more lubricants.....
>
> No, the glass is already slick enough, and besides, wouldn't lubricants be
> bad for the electronics?

Actually....

At a place of previous employment, there was an old intel box of some
sort (286 iirc, and this was only a year or two ago).  this thing had a
hdd crash, and had to be replaced (it was used for a little dos program
that did simple calculations) This machine was in the grinding area of a
bearing manufacturer.  EVERYTHING in the area was covered in bearing
grease, and the inside of the machine was no exception.  When the
machine was taken off of it's desk, and put on the ground, my comrade,
handling it carefully so as to not cover himself in bearing grease,
stood it up on it's side.  When we got back to the thing a bit later, a
somewhat large puddle of bearing grease flowed from within.  There had
to be a gallon of bearing grease in the thing, but, the fans worked
well!!

The machine in question was referred to as the 'oil change pc' from then
on.

	-Dan Sikorski