[rescue] intro

Christian J Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Thu Jan 17 21:12:02 CST 2002

> Do you have 20 IIsi's?  (IIci's and IIcx's are also good for this.)

Just one.

But well over 20 over the LC* class machines (all identical cases).

> Stack the Macs in four columns, five to a column.  Arrange so you can lay
the
> door on top.  A computer table!

I basically harvested all the memory & whopping huge 80MB hard drives out of
them, and the rest go to the landfill.  I did keep some of the LC475's for
some twisted reason, as well as all of the Quadras and all of the Power
Macs.  Note:  Power Mac 5400/180 sucks for Linux.  Will try NetBSD next.

The Ultra 5 turned out to be a nice grab.  Very snappy & responsive, which
is nothing like what I expected for this box.