[rescue] octane question

Brian Hechinger brian.hechinger at unitedmessaging.com
Thu Jan 17 16:56:12 CST 2002

nick at snowman.net wrote:

>SI heads.  SSI is an MXI without tex, and two XIO wide.  SI is only one
>XIO.

ok, so where do i get SI cards?  i just picked up an Octane on eBay, and
i would like to add two more SI cards to make it tripple headed, but i
don't know where to find them.  also, about how much would they cost?

the other question (sparked by the fabulous FDDI thread) is how much
would a XIO FDDI card cost me (if i could even find one) and if that's
not a resonable option, what PCI FDDI cards could i use?  do i need to
use the SGI badged card?  or is there a nice cheap third-party card out
there.  or please tell me the fabulous DEFPA is supported. :)

cheers,

-brian