[rescue] cheap intl. shipping?

Innfomail at aol.com Innfomail at aol.com
Thu Jan 17 16:59:49 CST 2002

I recommend the US Postal system, Airmail Parcel Post.

I am shipping two pieces of test equipment from Astoria, OR to the Delft,
Netherlands. This is what I found out from my search. All of the carriers
have international calculators on their web sites.

One package of 26 pounds.

I checked shipping costs for this weight. It breaks out as follows.

USPS Global Express            $105.20        2 to 3 days
USPS Airmail Parcel Post      $83.65         4 to 7 days
USPS Ground Parcel Post     $38.65          4 to 6 weeks

UPS Express                    $165.48
UPS Expedited                 $154.65

FedEx  Priority           $165.37
FedEx Economy          $145.86

I originally checked DHL but they were more expensive than UPS.

For weights of 100 to 200 pounds I would check individual airlines Airport to
Airport rates.

Hope this helps,
Paxton
Astoria, OR