[rescue] FDDI (and other toys) on eBay

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jan 17 16:53:36 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 05:47:46PM -0500, Loomis, Rip wrote:
> And if that doesn't tickle your fancy, then our old friends
> BPAI up in Baltimore have the "pallet-o-SPARC-2's" currently
> up for $800.00
>   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1320981897
> I'll bet it doesn't sell and they might take an offer for much
> less...Bill, did you still want that massively parallel (and
> massively dysfunctional) stack of SPARC 2's?

Bahahahaha.  Well, that works out to $19.30 each, but they have no
HDs..  I kinda gave up on the ss1-bookshelf idea. 8-)

Right now , I'd just kill for a pci-bus differential controller, so I
can hook this RSM disk tray up to the sunhelp server.  I've got Veritas
Volume Manager, I've got the tray of disks.. I just need a *controller*. 8-(

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net