[rescue] octane question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jan 17 16:09:46 CST 2002

On January 17, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> >   Nono..this is an AlphaPC 164 board that I've had for a while.  It
> > has onboard (non-removable) cache.  I haven't actually *bought*
> > anything for quite a while.  When I say "broke" I honestly do mean "no
> > money".  None.  At all.  $6 in the bank.  No shit.  If I had any less
> > money, I'd be a college student.
>
> Are you trying to say that I'm not a college student?

  ;)  *poke*

> Sorry man.  Not enough money sucks.  Aren't the people paying you for that
> survailence project?  I hope you manage to pull up something.

  I've gotten paid for it, yes...close to $20K...but that was months
ago, and I need to bring in about $3000/mo to stay current.  The money
they gave me was basically "development funding", and what they got in
return was an unlimited license to use it in their own facilities, and
some say in the feature set.  So I have it, it's operational, it works
great, and I can build a company around it and probably make a lot of
money.  But I need some money to *do* that, and in the meantime, I
need to eat.

  I will manage.  An interesting opportunity just fell into my lap; it
might pan out.  We shall see.  Going from $99.5K/yr to "zip" is
a bit difficult to get used to.

      -Dave

--
Dave McGuire