[rescue] octane question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 17 12:44:09 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:36:31PM -0500, s at avoidant.org wrote:

>> And lets now forget the personable digital assistant, which should have a
>> monitor of it's own.  OK, this last one doesn't exist yet.  But if anyone
>> wants to fund me full time to work on it...  I don't cost that much, really.

> Whaddayamean? My Agenda runs X. I can display on my workstation if I
> want.

I said personable, not personal.  It is a project that I've been kicking
around ideas for.  Basically, you would have a personal assitant that lives
inside the computer.  It would be a synthesis of virtual character research,
chatter bot research, voice and image recognition, speech synthesis, various
AI systems for memory, forgetfullness, patern recognition (for recognizing
work paterns, etc), affective computeing (or whatever they call that psuedo-
emotional detection and synthesis stuff at the Media Lab), and probably a
thousand cheats hacked on for usefullnes.

If you have ever watched Earth Final Conflict during the Auger years, imagine
a Holo-Lilly, without the holo tubes (for now at least).

--
Joshua D. Boyd