[rescue] octane question

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 17 12:19:10 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:08:42PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   To clarify, the question was specifically regarding dragging between
> different X "screens" (where "screen" is a specific concept in X,
> represented by the "1" in ":0.1")...I don't know much about Xinerama,
> but my basic understanding is that it implements *one* X "screen"...so
> all the tubes are screen :0.0, just...bigger. :)

I think that Xinerama is an Xserver that just translates calls to it to other
xservers, so you still have the traditional multi-head X system running
undernieth it ass.  At least, that seems to be what SGI and Sun are
indicating.  I haven't dug into the Xinerama technical docs yet to verify
this though.

--
Joshua D. Boyd