[rescue] octane question

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 12:03:25 CST 2002

>Big Endian wrote:
>
>>  Whats the point of multihead?  I grew up w/ multihead on macs.  It
>

>Oh no, I think you got me wrong. I love my triple-headed SS20. It's
>xinerama that's pointless if you've got different depth-capable
>framebuffers. At least to me. Why would I want to kill the 24-bit ones
>by locking them at 8-bit?

True.  I don't own many 8 bit systems (Indys right now and dual head
for those is unobtanium) so I've never had the option of mixing 8 and
24 bit displays.  I'd probably dump the 8 bit visuals for a 24... but
oh well.  Are you using the SX on the ss20?  I wonder how hard it
would be to setup an SX and a ZX under XF86 w/ xinerama?

daniel