[rescue] FS/FT: RS/6000 42T

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jan 17 11:10:35 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 06:11:33PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:42:08AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > Does that take MCA cards, cause I just recently saw a set of really cool
> > 3D accelerator cards for MCA RS/6ks.  Apparently a large part of the design
> > came from SGI.
> Yes. But you should know that this card is not supported by
> AIX 4.x and 5.x.

Hmm.  That could be a problem.  But, I've lost my chance for the cards, and
I'm not taking this machine anyway.

I do still want to find an old release of SunOS (pre-4) for Sun-3 one of
these days.  I also think a GX4000 card could be cool, although it would
probably make me regret passing up the PHIGS books that were being thrown
away at school.  I personally think that some of the old software was
really cool, and like the idea of the vector accelerator, rasterizer, and
depth buffer being seperate boards.

--
Joshua D. Boyd