[rescue] octane question

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Thu Jan 17 10:54:24 CST 2002

>more likely the traditional way unfortunately.  I don't belive IRIX
>supports xinerama as it seems to be an XF86 only extension.

Actually I'm wrong here.

http://www.sgi.com/products/evaluation/6.5.13_multipipe_1.3/multipipe_relnotes.txt

As of 6.5.11 and solaris 8 (10/01 I think) Xinerama is supported in
both IRIX and solaris.  (google for xinerama)  For those of us w/
multihead machines this is *GREAT* news.  No longer do you have to
deal with :0.0 to :0.1 dragging issues.  Of course xinerama screens
need to be the same depth so you can't xinerama a 24 bit screen and
an 8 bit screen.

daniel