[rescue] FS/FT: RS/6000 42T

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Thu Jan 17 10:04:30 CST 2002

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I've got a headless IBM RS/6000 42T here, 128Mb RAM, Toshiba SCSI
> CD-ROM, and a 2gig (might be a 4gig; I havent powered it up in a
> few days) HD for sale.  Will include AUI to 10baseT ethernet transceiver.
> Has no video card, but works fine with a serial console.  120Mhz PPC 604e.
>
> Got this about a week ago, loaned out my AIX CDs after doing a base
> install, and realized the last thing I need is more computer hardware
> at this point.
>
> Will trade for ham radio equipment..
>
> Bill

How does the 120 Mhz PPC 604 upgrade look.  It's my understanding that a
41T can be upgraded to a 42T with a part.  I'd assume the machine is a 41T
with a new CPU card.  If that is the case I'd love to further upgrade my
41T with the processor board.  How big is the HD?

Regards,

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.