[rescue] I hate keeping up...

Joshua Johnston flagg at midmaine.com
Tue Jan 15 20:32:13 CST 2002

So, as I only got my Sparc Classic running a week or so ago, thanks to a
lot of help from folks on this list and resources I was given, one of my
classmates decided he wants a Sparc too.  So last night, he went on eBay
and bought a Sparc 5, 64M, 4.2G HD, and a VGA adapter cable.

So, as a large part of me cringes seeing a friend who actually asked
three times if the Linux command list I gave out in class one day (ls,
who, finger, su, cd, etc.) would work on Solaris, have a much nicer
Sparc machine than I can get my hands on, what sort of machine in that
area can be had for a relatively cheap price?  What's the most useful
yet affordable box out there?

- Josh