[rescue] Sparc Classic

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Tue Jan 15 14:26:36 CST 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> > What OS and how did you compile mpg123?

> NetBSD of course [:-)], with the in-tree gcc, which is apparently
> egcs-1.1.2 in the release I'm using.

The one other suggestion I'd make then is recompile using
-mcpu=supersparc or =mcpu=v8

By default gcc puts out v7 code and that's what OpenBSD and NetBSD
compile things with to not break all the sun4c machines... however,
that means a lot of the oomph in the calculation department
(particularly multiplication and division) is left unused...

--Kurt