[rescue] Alphastuff

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sat Jan 12 12:36:42 CST 2002

On 12 Jan, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:

>  First if anyone is interested in more PBXGB-CA's, aka ZLXp-E3,
PBXG_B_-CA is the PowerStorm 4D20. 24 Bit, 2D / 3D accelerated
The ZLXp-E3 is the PBXG_A_-CA. 24 bit, 2D / 3D accelerated
(Source: http://wint.decsy.ru/workstations/digital/v0000079.htm)
The question is now: A or B?

BTW: NetBSD got X11 support for the 4D20 in december...

> I can probably get a load (40+) at a local computer store.
> They were asking about $30, but
> would probably let them go cheaper. Location is Holland,
Sounds interresting. A friend and I are looking for 24 bit graphics
options for our Alphas, probably for dual headed configs. So If you are
willing to ship to germany... (Perhaps they let them go cheaper if you
tell them that this cards are not really useable in a PeeCees.)

>  Second, I've been having some problems with my Alphaserver.
That is the reason why I don't like IDE crap. ;-)
I would try a SRM update.
Perhaps you can also ask the NetBSD port alpha mailing list...
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz