[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 11 15:36:08 CST 2002

> Hrm, are there, say , _computers_ in these cars?
>
> Sure seems like a "geek"y thing to talk about, to me.

A computer tuning - another whole way to add power to a car.  I'd like to
get a performance chip for my truck - but they go for about $300, and don't
normally *add* tons of power.  Normally, thouhg, they do stuff like flatten
out the torque curves and redistribute power to make a vehicle repsond
better under a variety of conditions.  Most vehicles these days can even
have the timing and fuel delivery adjusted fairly easily with a simple set
of cables, a laptop, and some software.

Powerchips.com makes flash PROM software, and an OBD scanner you can use to
flash the PROM in your vehicle.  Pretty cost-effective, considering.
However, it is possible to rig a serial connection on a laptop and flash it
yourself.

Kurt