[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Fri Jan 11 11:40:01 CST 2002

> > around at low RPM.  cruising at 1500-3000 rpm is fine in terms of fuel
> > economy, but you get the best performance at higher rev's.
>
> Of course, that depends what your engine is.  If you have a 4 or a small
> hi-po 6, that would be fine.  However, for a V8 or larger, this wouldn't
> necessarily be true.  My truck redlines at 5k - and makes peak torque at
> about 3k.  Anything higher that 3k and you're making the truck work way to
> hard.

True, in many vehicles as a matter of fact, but the emphasis was on
preserving the life of the driver, not the life of the vehicle.

> Skip Barber has an agreement with Lime Rock Park over in CT - This coming
> summer I'm going to head over there with the wife for a 2-day course.  He
> does this in association with Dodge - and has Neon ACRs, Viper ACRs, and
> Dakota Quad-cabs.  AFAIK, he's the only one that will teaches with pickup
> trucks (stock, not supertruck).

Cool, I'm sure that Pickups have many interesting quirks when it comes to
high-end driving.  That would be a lot of fun to do, add $big_pickup_truck to
the list of Blazer, CUCv, sedan, 151 and Hummer