[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Fri Jan 11 11:33:42 CST 2002

> it's a matter of  acclimation.  if you learn to do it on the highway, you
can
> do it on the highway;  If you learn to do it driving around grocery store
> parking lots, you will have to re-learn it to some extent do do it on the
> highway.

Not necessarily - I can do it both places with ease.  It's more a matter of
becoming acclimated with your car, rather than the road.  Once you
understand the car, you can do nearly anything with it.

Speaking of which - I'm waiting for a good dump of snow so I can go
"acclimate" myself to slippy-slidy conditions in the
large-now-bankrupt-and-empty department store parking lot.

Looks a lot like hooliganism, but it really helps you find the tolerances
and limits of your vehicles - and you end up being a safer winter driver for
it.

Kurt