[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Jan 10 22:28:36 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:23:41PM -0500
Joshua D Boyd <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:18:23PM -0600, Derrick D. Daugherty wrote:
>
> > but yes..if you did _that lite of a car_ with a the 13b wankel...holy
> > shit..it'd _kill_ everything else on the market.   i'm also in the
> > process of buying a wrx wagon... 227hp stock..all wheel drive..oh yeah.
>
> So, what exactly does all wheel drive get you on the road?  Better off the
> line performance?

think 4-wheel drive...think active/dynamic power placement... so you're
in a turn..your ass starts to slide...it shifts all control to front
wheels..and slows the rear so they can stick again... it's an
intelligent system.  say your front tires and back right don't
slide..but back left does..it's compensates.  cool.   off the line i
dunno..but i'd have to _assume_ yes..since all are pushing..but with
frontwheel drive you get oversteer..that is if you're hauling ass out of
a corner..they want to go wide..rear wheel can do similar things
inside...this is a little more balanced.

i'm also sold on new safety.  the rx7 is safe..but that was in 93..a
2002 car should be hopefully leaps and bounds safer..i'm scared
_shitless_ of car wrecks.   poisonous snakes and car wrecks are my two
biggest fears.