[rescue] OT: jobops in austin and dallas

Derrick D. Daugherty derrick at blinky-lights.org
Thu Jan 10 22:18:23 CST 2002

It's rumored that around Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 11:06:00PM -0500
kurt at k-huhn.com wrote:
> > kill `grep SIGHUP /mazda/usr/include/sys/signal.h` rotary
> >

> Any idea what part(s) broke?  Rumour has it that Mazda is coming out with a
> Wankel powered Miata.  I like the idea - but as far as I know, Mazda has
> never fixed the apex seal problem...

my seals are fucked..the rotors are worn... i have less than 30%
compression on both of 'em...UGH.   wankel powered miata is not for
certain..but they've unveiled an rx wagon thing and a 'four door' wankel
sports car..the rx8..it's pretty cool.  i don't know what eng it has
tho..if it's a one, two or three rotar.  my upgrade/speciallist guy is
building, apparently a world famous, three rotar mx6.  i may just give
it to him in trade..he keeps it running and i can use it whenever i
want.   his brother wants an r1..and they're rare..so it may work out.
there were only 72 '93 r1's (this spec)..i got lucky.    the apex seal
thing is inherent to the rotaries...  the older rx's they don't push
quite as hard..the 3rd gens were engineered to suck all the power out.
which is why the smoke anything on the rode, but blow up sooner.  i've
had friends with older rx's that lasted 300K+ on mileage..mine was at
94k.  i got a good run out of it.   atleast i can upgrade the engine now
;)

dianne, a local friend, she converted her miata to a rotary..but i
haven't heard of 'official' plans to do that.  there were rumors for a
while..but the new rx's squelched that.  curious.

but yes..if you did _that lite of a car_ with a the 13b wankel...holy
shit..it'd _kill_ everything else on the market.   i'm also in the
process of buying a wrx wagon... 227hp stock..all wheel drive..oh yeah.

^D