[rescue] RE: Sparc Classic Resurrection for Newbie

warewolf warewolf at chronix.xabean.net
Thu Jan 10 19:39:24 CST 2002

About, oh two years ago now I guess; I bought the "Plextor Power Pak" --
8x2x20 PlexWriter (50pin), and the UltraPlex 40x (68pin).

I have to say, I'm very happy with both drives.  The plexwriter has /yet/ to
produce a coaster in *nix.  And no, it doesn't have that "burnproof" crap.
And to think -- I burn on a linux box .... over nfs... from another linux box.
 The only problem I've had with both drives is a recent one- aparently the
gears inside to open and close the tray have slipped a bit and don't close, or
something inside the drive itself (it's not the edge of the tray, I removed
it) is catching an edge somewhere and not closing on it's own every time.

"No money for you, Crazy Round Man." - Samurai Jack
Richard G Harman Jr <rharman+nospam at richardharman.com>
PBS.org Webmonkey / BOFH / Unix Sysadmin / KE4POK

  Quoted from Mike Nicewonger: