[rescue] IPC Hell

Doctor Obnox Son of a Bitch drobnox at visi.com
Thu Jan 10 17:15:19 CST 2002

George Adkins, reeling from the shock, managed on Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:54:23AM -0500 to scrawl:

> > > Darn sure does!
> > > Easiest Webmail I have ever set up.
> >
> > The webmail part was easy - compiling PHP was another story.  Not exactly a
> > multitude of PHP/Solaris how-tos out there.  I nearly shot myself a few
> > times, as I was trying to decode the crap it spit out as error messages.
> >
> > I finally got it though...if by no other means than pure willpower.
> >
> > I suppose it would have been a total breeze if was trying to do it on
> > Intel/Linux.
>
> I did it on NetBSD/Sparc, and it was a breeze.
> I think it crashed out the first time, and I just re-ran the make and it
> worked. (of course I was compiling it _into_ apache, not as a module...)
> George

I just finished compiling apache, with mod_perl, Sablotron and AxKit on
NetBSD/SPARC, and aside from having to symlink one library from
.usr/pkg/lib to usr/lib, no problems. I was quite impressed.

--

                            "Safety Third!"

Eric J. Gustafson                                   drobnox at visi.com