[rescue] WTB: small cheap laptop

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Jan 10 11:21:20 CST 2002

> This worries me.

   It shouldn't. :7)

> Why are there so many parts for these machines on ebay?

   Because people love these little guys. They're upgradeable with a G3
card, big drives, a "reasonable" amount of RAM (64MB, I think; miine has
50-some), have bult-in SCSI... I could go on. I think it's just that they
appeared at a weird point in Apple's history -- between NUBUS and PCI -- so
they aren't either round-filed *or* kept at the top of the stack. The "Low
End Mac" web site calls it a best buy:
      http://lowendmac.com/pb2/1400.shtml
   I like mine, though I don't get to use it as much now that i got a PeeCee
at work.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt