[rescue] Dec 3000/800s

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Thu Jan 10 09:42:29 CST 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 10:15:51AM -0500, Big Endian wrote:

> Its a fakemeout MMJ cord... 4 conductor... only the datalines are
> connected...
I remember dark that a MMJ cable with only the data lines connected
did not work on one of my VAXen.

> I'll have to find an RJ12 and make a new cord... I
> didn't think it cared about flow control... seems kinda odd on a
> terminal port.
That lines are AFAIK not used for flow control. They are used to
detect the presence of a terminal. If they are not connected,
the machine sees no terminal and is unhappy... That is DEC. Think
of the "network interface error" you get on a VAXstation if no
network cable is connected...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen