[rescue] RE: Alphastation. With link this time, thanks

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Thu Jan 10 01:49:04 CST 2002

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318155727
> >
> > Is this a worth while machine? An equivlant Sun would cost twice that.
> Ultra
> > 1,170.......
>
>Looks like a nice machine, but not amazing. I wouldn't go over $100 for it
Well I ended up winning it for $51.  It's gonna cost me another $60 or so
to get it sent over, but provided it works, I'll still be happy.  Now to
find a faster CPU, if only the one in the Multia wasn't soldered in...

>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1318687784 might be
>slightly better, as it has a CDROM drive and floppy drive and the key. The
>seller has lower feedback, but he does advertise it as working vs as-is,
>and shipping is a bit cheaper too.
Undoubtedly better, but he wasn't willing to accept international bids,
otherwise I might have gone for it.  Don't think I would have gone as high
as the final bidder did though ($101).

Hopefully this will now this will start the "rescued server affinity
phenomenon" (TM) and it'll attract bigger, better, faster alphas to my
empire.  It worked with Suns, SGIs, PPros and Aironet kit, so I'm ever so
hopeful.

Rob.