[rescue] Ultra 1: No signal from framebuffer after NVRAM update

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 9 14:50:32 CST 2002

This mailing list has two settings that are a little
unusual and sometimes cause confusion:

1.  By default, all replies are re-directed to the
	list.  In order to reply just to you, I had
	to copy and paste your e-mail address.
2.  In the archives, the sender's address is replaced
	with "rescue at sunhelp.org" to reduce the amount
	of unsolicited "Spam" e-mail that we each
	receive.  (It all goes to the list.)

I personally *love* the second and "live with" the
first.

that it's odd that the framebuffer doesn't work after
updating the NVRAM.  I've done similar updates on
several U1s and never had a problem.  I would recommend
that you do some of the basic troubleshooting things
first (try another monitor, try that monitor on a
different system, remove and replace/reseat the framebuffer,
try a different framebuffer).  If none of those works,
I would unplug the keyboard and try to get in through
the serial console.  That will at least allow you to
verify that the system comes up properly.

Which OBP update patch did you use, specifically?

  --Rip