[rescue] Ultra 1 Creator panic on boot

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Tue Jan 8 14:14:21 CST 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 12:09, Big Endian wrote:
> >  > can you boot from cdrom?  It sounds like a serious corruption of your
> >
> >Yeah, booting from cdrom seems to work ok.
>
> Thats a good thing... hardware is likely good then.
>
> >  > filesystem or a disk sector failure.  If you can boot from cdrom and
> >  > fsck the disk that might help.
> >
> >fsck doesn't report any errors on the root slice.  rats.  Not on any of
> >the other slices either.  Crud...
> >	Greg
>
> Ok... next thing to try is a file corruption... it lost the UFS
> driver or the SCSI driver stored on your disk... not a good thing.
> Can you install on a fresh disk to test?

Well, I wanted to use one of my 4GB drives from HP in this machine
anyway, so what the heck....

I think I need to just mirror sunfreeware.com locally, and be done with
this downloading...

Anybody have a spare drive bracket for this machine cheap?  I've only
got one, and I'd love to put 8GB of space in this machine...
	Greg

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.