[rescue] Alphastation. With link this time, thanks

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Jan 8 04:54:30 CST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 11:29:19AM +0100, Marc ZYNGIER wrote:

> My U1/140 is really faster than the AS1000 4/200 that sits next to it
> for a lot of tasks.
A EV5 Alpha needs 2.5 times the MHz to get 1.5 times the int power of
a R10k...

> What I really love in this Alpha is the integrated StorageWorks shelf,
Ohh, yes. That is somthing really nice.

> and the ability to use PCI/EISA cards... Sbus is really expensive
> here...
That was an additional thought. At least with NetBSD (or Free-/OpenBSD)
I get support for a lot of PeeCee-ish ISA/PCI cards. But as there is
no free X11 server for the PowerStorm 4D50T card and I got a Tru64
licence with the machine, the OS choice was easy...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen