[rescue] RE: Sparc Classic Resurrection for Newbie

Jeff Borisch rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 18:41:04 CST 2002

Good call Kurt

I ordered one about a week ago to replace a 16x teac that has started to
fail to mount a certain OS CD and locks the machine while playing music
CDs*.

* stange problem... I've hammered on it with a number of other CDs and no
problem. The OS cd in question mounts just fine on a 2x Sony attached to the
same machine as well as on other drives on other machines. With the bad
drive, this particular CD seems to have been developing problems for months.
I always thought it was the disc itself.

OBsun. The teac is jumperable to 512 byte sectors and I plan on seeing if it
causes problems on the sparcs too.

--jeff