[rescue] how to transparently forward SSH to an internalbox

George Adkins rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 13:40:01 CST 2002

> > Subject: Re: [rescue] how to transparently forward SSH to an internalbox
> >
> > Yes, that's exactly what I've been saying for three days.
> > what I'm trying to work out is what the best method for that client to
> > request that port information from the proxy host...
>
> No, you have been saying that you don't want any non-standard ports (or
> additional IP#s).  You cannot have eaten your cake and still have it too.

no, if you were reading the posts instead of just saying "No, no, no, no!"
continuously, you might understand what I'm saying.

> If all you're trying to do is hide the necessary non-standard port
> numbers and their usage from your end users, then you must say so
> explicitly.

I did.

> Since you did not define your client environment I've been wary of going
> even so far as I have in proposing a wrapper script for the SSH client
> program, especially since such a scheme is much more difficult, in
> many/most GUI-only clients.

not only are you too late in proposing an idea I have been talking about from
the earliest of posts, but I don't give a damn about windows/GUI boxes.

Please stop interfering with this discussion.  Unless of course, you are just
being a troll...