[rescue] Sparc Classic Resurrection for Newbie

Steve Sandau rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Jan 6 13:19:56 CST 2002

Don McClure wrote:

> on 1/6/02 6:16 AM, Amy at scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net wrote:

> > where'd ya get this (rather false) idea?
> >
> > --a
> Hmmm. This is merely an observation, not a criticism. I think it is true of
> the *nix world as a whole, which is pretty esoteric to the average computer
> user. All those short, cryptic commands and recursive acronyms make my brain
> hurt sometimes-- that's what I like about it. The Gurus, Wizards and other's
> anointed do not always share their knowledge freely, or are too busy
> configuring amanda or something.
>
> Anyway, I brought it up to perhaps stir up more responses to this guy's
> request for assistance.

I have deleted the earlier messages, I think. However, I'd be happy to
help (having just done some of this stuff recently, too). I also think
that I may be in some physical proximity to the poster who was looking
for Classic cable/telnet/etc. advice since his address was (I think)
midmaine.com. I'm in Brunswick and work in Bath.

Whoever that was, feel free to contact me off-list if you want...

--
Steve Sandau
ssandau at bath.tmac.com