[rescue] Sparc Classic Resurrection for Newbie

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 21:16:09 CST 2002

On Sat, 05 Jan 2002, Ken wrote:

> Download an OS - Solaris is nice, but unless you find more RAM, it's not
> really an option. You could try OpenBSD|NetBSD|Linux - it is pretty
> trivial to download a .iso file and burn a bootable CD.

the Classic is a fine machine to either hack on or put in production. Almost
all of the machines I have in production are of the same vintage.

As Ken wrote, the best performance will be gained by using Either OpenBSD,
NetBSD or lastly Linux.

Don't be afraid, jump in the Sun is fine :)

As far as folks throwing RTFM or STFW at you be warned, while we are willing to
help, nobody is going to hold your hand and do your work for you.

Relax, enjoy.

Mike N