[rescue] Re: Re: Semi-OT: AlphaServer rescue question

Iggy Drougge rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 16:43:21 CST 2002

Eric Dittman skrev:

>> > There is an Enthusiast's license program for Tru64, but it costs $99.
>> > I have Tru64 installed on one of my Alphas and I like it.
>> When I bought my PWS500au I got a Tru64 license and media with the
>> machine. So I installed it and I like it much. The superior AdvFS file
>> system that is fast and reliable is somthing I miss on NetBSD (my
>> favorite OS). Yes, FFS is reliable in general, but not with softdeps
>> on VAXen... and still has not the flexibility in storage management.

>I'll be sorry to see Tru64 go if the merger with HP goes through.
>I like Tru64 more than HP/UX.

Are those ComPHaq's intentions?
Stupid PC company... Their greatest innovation has been a BIOS of their own,
Digital, OTOH, have made countless computer architectures, CPUs and OSes. They
have no right... (grumble, grumble)

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

You can have SEX with a Dragon but not with an Apple.
  -- Tony Duell