[rescue] Re: Re: Semi-OT: AlphaServer rescue question

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 13:42:39 CST 2002

On  4 Jan, Eric Dittman wrote:

> There is an Enthusiast's license program for Tru64, but it costs $99.
> I have Tru64 installed on one of my Alphas and I like it.
When I bought my PWS500au I got a Tru64 license and media with the
machine. So I installed it and I like it much. The superior AdvFS file
system that is fast and reliable is somthing I miss on NetBSD (my
favorite OS). Yes, FFS is reliable in general, but not with softdeps
on VAXen... and still has not the flexibility in storage management.
--

tschuess,
          Jochen

Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz