[rescue] Re: [geeks] Folding carts...

Dan Canaan rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 12:39:12 CST 2002

At 12:00 PM 1/5/02 -0500, you wrote:
>4" wheels - that will get tripped up by any small bump in the floor
>(wires, door jams, etc.) I suspect...
>
>Ken
>
>On Saturday, January 5, 2002, at 11:50 AM, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
>>Can't recall which list we were discussing folding carts.
>>
>>I was sitting on the can, reading the Harbor Freight Tool cataloge when I
>>saw this
>>
>>19'' X 29'' FOLDING HAND TRUCK
>>http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=2758

I move photocopiers for a living currently and they have 3" casters on them
typically.  They do get hung up on doorjambs and elevator door openings,
but the mass of the machine helps get them over most bumps.  The larger the
caster you can get, the better off you are.  Also, rubber/vinyl wheels are
vastly superior to hard plastic or metal when it comes to rolling across
carpeting such as in offices.  Most carts can be upgraded with different
wheels if you go down to a local home center.

-Dan Canaan