[rescue] happy new years and shit like that

D.A. Muran-de Assereto rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Jan 5 12:01:29 CST 2002

Linguistic drift is interesting. Here we are pussyfooting around the "N"
word, and yet a friend of mine's 4-year old son uses it as a stand-in for
"friend". It's racially neutral, at least in some parts of the country.
My 19-year-old daughter reports that the Hispanics in Tucson use it as a
general-purpose replacement for 'friend' or 'comrade' as well.

Dave Muran-de Assereto