[rescue] I just saw this from an old SGI page... it has me slightly worried since...

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 4 10:13:37 CST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:

> Nero works great for this - so far.  Haven't seen a CD I couldn't dupe.  It
> must do a bit-for-bit burn, rather than attempting to *read* the data to
> burn it...

Nero is great, but I don't know about the bit-for-bit.  I use Blindread
and Blindwrite for bitwise CD copies since this program outperforms even
dd.  It is designed to nibble slowly at copy protection bad sectors and
write them out as it sees them exactly to disk + subcodes and other stuff.
It may take up to 6 hours to read some disks but the copies are excellent.
It gets around the copy protection on No One Lives Forever easily.

Regards,
Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.