[rescue] Was about to buy a Sun 13W3 to 4 BNC cable

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 3 16:27:54 CST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Big Endian wrote:

> >Will this work on an SGI Crimson?.  I would assume you connect RGB and
> >leave the other one dangle.  I was, however, reading that this format was
> >proprietary so I was wondering if the display is wired the same way on
> >SGI's as Suns.
>
> Its not but in this configuration it shouldn't matter.  The Suns use
> a special pin on the 13w3 connector as a composite sync.  SGIs use
> Sync on Green.  So all you need to worry about is the 13w3 on one end
> and the three (r,g,b) BNCs on the other.
>
> daniel

So you're saying that pretty much any 13W3 --> 4 BNC should work...? I
just
ordered one...  (and just found an SGI cable specifically [on another
site], so I can cancel the order if need be)

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.